Research and Development
In our field, research and development are the foundation of the future. To maintain our leadership, we constantly upgrade our in-house capabilities and we form partnerships with the finest high tech laboratories and consulting firms to enhance the work of our own skilled engineers and technologists.
Since lives depend on our products, the fundamental design focus is on performance and reliability. This is achieved by blending customer needs with our exceptional manufacturing capabilities, offering products that both meet their expectations and operate without fail. We employ a Concurrent Engineering design philosophy utilizing multi-functional qualification programs. These iterative testing processes enhance product quality and reliability by identifying and eliminating potential problems from design and production through unexpected customer usage patterns.
- A cadre of scientists and technologists experienced in the design and development of respiratory life support products and associated equipment.
- Sophisticated facilities and laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art computer driven equipment for:
- Wide ranges and types of gas analyses
- Mask fit testingBreathing tests
- Environmental testing, both manned and unmanned, including a man-rated walk-in chamber for testing from -100°F to over 500°F
- Advanced analytical techniques: Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Quality Function Deployment (QFD) and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), to name a few.
- CAD and CAE, feeding an on-line CAM system, driving a variety of numerically controlled machines and forming tools to enhance prototype and fixture fabrication.
- Design and configuration controls meeting NIOSH, FAA, and MIL Q 9858, Boeing AQS, and Dl-9000 standards, all within criteria assuring compliance with ISO 900l.
Research and Development: Creating the Right Mix.